Note: The “Rules and Restrictions” go with the lots “from birth,” when they were developed with from the original Cascade River Park Plat recorded with Skagit County. And the CRCC Policies are a product of the self-governing (home owners association), Cascade River Community Club, whose members are the lot owners.
I – Cascade River Park plat “Rules and Restrictions” as recorded with Skagit County.
These Cascade River Park Plat Rules and Restrictions are part of the original development and are filed with Skagit County – they must be followed.
PLEASE NOTE: this is not the extent of all “rules and restrictions” for members and their lots within Cascade River Park. Other “rules” are found within the Policies page – most of which are located on this website.
- No lot, tract or portion of a lot or tract shall be subdivided and sold or resold or ownership changed or transferred whereby the ownership of any portion of this plat shall be less than 7,500 square feet, or less than 60 feet in width at the building set back line or any ownership left without bordering on a street or leaving a property line closer than 5 feet to a building.
- No structure or building shall be constructed on any lot, street or parcel of this plat closer than 20 feet to the front property line and 8 feet side yard, and in the case of corner lots, no structure or building shall be constructed closer than 10 feet to the side property line abutting the road right-of-way EXCEPT there will be no setbacks from special access easements. (See setback table at bottom for specifics)
- Construction on any lot shall require building plan approval by the Building Regulations Committee of the Cascade River Community Club, Inc. and shall require a building permit and sewage disposal permit from the respective County agencies. Construction of any driveway or culvert on the road right-of-way shall also require a permit from the Cascade River Community Club, Inc.
- Septic tanks may be prohibited. Construction and use of private sewage disposal systems shall be in accordance with the requirements of the County Health Department. Lots determined by the County Health Department to be unsuitable for septic tanks shall be restricted to approved concrete riser privies, chemical toilets or other approved means of sewage disposal until they are serviced by public sewer system.
- No structure shall be placed or maintained on any lot except a private dwelling, house trailer, garage or suitable out-building for the sole use of the owner or occupant, and as approved by the Building Regulations Committee of Cascade River Community Club, Inc.
- Exterior work on any building shall be completed within one year from the start of construction, except as approved by the Building Regulations Committee of Cascade River Community Club, Inc. All buildings or structures to be one story in height not counting basement, except when variance is granted by the Building Regulations Committee for Cascade River Community Club, Inc.
- Each lot shall be entitled to one hook-up to the private water system upon its installation. The cost of the hook-up, materials, labor and meter to be paid for by the owner of the lot.
- Ownership of those areas marked “Community Tracts” will be conveyed to a private nonprofit corporation to be known as Cascade River Community Club, Inc., and ownership in any lot of the plat shall automatically include an ownership of one membership in said corporation subject to the Articles and Bylaws thereof.
- All roadways marked private and designated as community tract shall provide for a permanent easement for roadway purposes, utilities, and drainage to all members of Cascade River Community Club, Inc.
- Ownership of all lots abutting the Cascade River extend to the approximate line of Ordinary High Water. All lots abutting the Cascade River shall be subject to a 20 foot easement parallel with and adjacent to the line of Ordinary High Water for purpose of walking access to Cascade River for all members of the Cascade River Community Club, Inc.
- All lots shall be subject to an easement 5 feet in width parallel with and adjacent to all lot lines for purposes of utilities and drainage.
- No poultry or livestock shall be kept or maintained, except that riding horses for the personal use of the owner may be kept on any lot excepting waterfront lots. No hunting shall be permitted and the use of firearms is prohibited.
- Subject to Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the Cascade River Community Club, Inc.
- These covenants are covenants running with the land and shall be binding on all parties until January 1, 1983, and thereafter, unless by vote of 65% of the then owners of lots it is agreed to change covenants in whole or in part.
Minimum Setbacks from Property Lines (in Feet)
|Division||Front Property Line||Side Property Lines||Rear Property Line||Corner Lot Property |
Lines Abutting Street