This safety policy is written to provide a structure for safe working conditions by park employees. There are no tasks so important that anyone should violate a rule of safety or put themselves or others at risk of injury or illness. All employees and volunteers are required to comply with safe working habits, all safety instructions and are encouraged to develop a safe working environment.
The primary goal of a safety program is accident and/or injury prevention. A commitment by the Board of Directors, employees and Park volunteers is paramount to developing and keeping a safe working environment.
A Board member will be assigned the position of Safety Liaison. The Safety Liaison is responsible for overseeing operations, making sure adequate safety equipment is available and used during all Park operations. Safety concerns should be directed to this Liaison and it is their responsibility to convey conditions and make recommendations for improvement to the Board of Directors.
Cascade River Community Club Board of Directors
- Provide adequate resources in terms of employee time, funds, equipment, training to ensure a safe working environment
- As part of the employee’s annual evaluation, assess their commitment to working safely & use of safety equipment.
- Ensure that accidents are fully investigated and corrective action is taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Set a good example for employees by personally following established safety rules.
Board appointed Safety Liaison
- Ensure that all new employees have read this policy and understand the Board position on safety.
- Discuss with employees their interpretation of a safe working environment.
- Open a line of communication with employees assuring them to discuss safety concerns and/or needs
- Complete investigation of all accidents. File a written report with the Board. Make recommendations for improvement to eliminate problems.
- Always follow established safety rules.
- Do not remove mechanical guards placed for protection of operation.
- Always seek help if you feel there is a need, as in lifting heavy objects
- Report all unsafe conditions and/or associated problems to Safety Liaison ASAP
- Always use personal protective equipment where it is required. Report replacement when needed
- Be a good example to volunteers helping with a project. Encourage safe work areas & conditions
- Keep an open line of communication with Safety Liaison
- Always follow established common safe work rules.
- Wear appropriate safety gear when working or helping on Park projects.
- Set a good example to those working around you
- Report accidents to Caretaker, VERT or appropriate individuals ASAP
- Should VERT respond to assist, please follow their instructions.
- Safety glasses
- Wear appropriate work gloves
- Latex gloves – use when cleaning restrooms
- Eye wash station – make sure this is always operational when working with chemicals in the area
- Chemical resistant gloves & lab apron – required use when mixing chlorine
- Safety shoes
- Appropriate hearing protection
- Hard hat