A member brought to my attention that the October water report was incorrect. Please see the revision and thank you for your patience!
The map of Cascade River Park has been added back to the website. Find it here!
Members, please read the pdf below for more information about COVID-19 and how to take preventative actions to stay healthy.
Notice: The remediation is going well, with excellent records being kept by the Caretaker team.
Please be informed of the Imminent Closure of the Bridge Crossing – Projected dates are Thurs Oct 31st thru Sun Nov 3rd. They expect a 4 day closure. This is subject to change Unannounced. The team will do their best to notify us, and we to notify you, if/as the need arises.
Bernhard Bridge Repairs
After reviewing the bridge’s concrete pier test results, we have decided to immediately move forward with repairs. Since we do not have all permitting completed at this time, we have notified the County that we consider this work to be an emergency from a timing standpoint. Therefore, we have hired a contractor to commence work on the bridge. They will work on the bridge for up to three weeks, starting October 14, 2019. There will be unavoidable delays in crossings and closures of the bridge. For those wanting to get to Division II or III, please use the back (west) gate if you do not want to wait. The gate can be unlocked with the weekend gate/dumpster key all week long and until further notice. We will post updates as the job progresses and thank you in advance for your patience and support.
Other Details You Need To Know
• Until further notice, the area between the Division I side of Bernhard bridge and No Name creek in Division II is designated a work zone. Limitation are as follows:
o access through this area is limited to immediate ingress/egress only
o maximum 10,000 pound single axle vehicles
o trucks less than 3500 weight-carrying capacity designation
o ABSOLUTELY NO TRAILERS and NO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC
o speed limit of 5 mph
This is for the safety of employees, contractor workers and membership at large. As all of the work is being performed under the bridge, the area under the bride must remain a designated work zone AT ALL TIMES until the project is complete.
• We will have to close the bridge to all traffic at some point for 4 consecutive days. This is a requirement for the concrete to set. The closure timing is fully dependent upon the weather conditions and availability of concrete delivery. The contractor is aware of the importance of access to Divisions II and III and will give us as much notice as possible.
• We will post as soon as possible to Facebook, our website and via mailchimp upon confirmation of the closure.
What Can I Do To Be Prepared?
• Be sure that you have a gate/dumpster key for access through the back gate – if you do not, get in touch with our Park Administrator at the office or via [email protected]
• Remain subscribed to this mailing list – we issue important updates via email through Mailchimp
• Check our members-only Facebook page (Cascade River Park – CRCC) and website (www.cascaderiverpark.com) for updates regularly